Plant-Based Professional Certification Course
Here is what you can expect from the program
- Acquiring and develop skills in cooking methods and techniques in plant-based cuisine.
- Building a solid foundation in plant-based nutrition and an understanding of the different philosophies, fads and trends.
- Acquiring an understanding of the systems that make up the operations in food services.
- Seeing the personal and career development opportunities available in the foodservice and hospitality sectors.
- Appreciating the role of foodservice and hospitality sectors in sharing the gospel.
- Demonstrate knife handling and a variety of knife cuts
- Outfit the plant-based kitchen with essential tools and equipment
- Explain basic principles of food and kitchen safety
- Identify and explain complementary and professional skills
- Demonstrate culinary proficiency in foundational moist methods, such as steaming and simmering
- Demonstrate culinary proficiency in foundational dry methods, such as roasting and sautéing
- Practice advanced recipe development with plant-based cuisine
- Plan and organize food production and apply principles of batch cooking
- Understand principles of flavor balancing, building, layering and seasoning
- Prepare a wide array of plant-based staple recipes for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Prepare plant-based proteins, such as tofu, tempeh and seitan and non-dairy substitutions
- Build mother sauces, dressings, marinades, condiments and pickles
- Understand flavor profile development including herb and spice combining
- Explore and appreciate plant-based cuisines and foods around the world
- Practice cooking for specific dietary restrictions, special diets and wellness-centered cuisine
- Understand gluten free ingredients, cooking technique and recipe development
- Entertain and plan meals with attention to plating and presentation
- Explain the importance of whole, minimally processed and nutrient dense foods in a plant-based diet
- Menu planning
- Equipment care
- Staff scheduling
- Health and safety
- Waste management
- Food storage
- Cleaning methods
- personnel management
- food cost control
- By working at Fredheim kitchen
- Apply the knowledge and develop skills.
- Learn from the experience of our staff.
Your work experience and training will open the door to:
1. Completed application form – click here
2. Email – Curriculum Vitae (CV)*
3. Email – Scanned Passphoto in color*
Procedure after submission of application and documentation:
1. After the application is received, we will send an initial reply.
2. After the application deadline, May 17 applications will be reviewed.
3. If all the documentation is received, you will maybe be contacted for a Skype interview.
4. You will receive an answer from admissions no later than June 9 2018.
Application deadline: May 17, 2018
Application response: June 9, 2018
Student fees due: June 30, 2018
Program start: August 01, 2018
Length of program: 12 months
Amount: a maximum of 2 students.
NOK 24,898 (approx. EUR 2627)
The program includes: housing, meals, training; resources, supplies and equipment.
The reasons students pay so little is that their training is structured as an apprenticeship where on the job training is an integral part of the program.
*2018 figures. Subject to change without notice.